Amicus briefs for D.C. available in guns case
on Jan 12, 2008 at 10:59 am
Click the following links below to read the amicus briefs filed yesterday in support of the petitioner in the upcoming case District of Columbia v. Heller (07-290). To read amicus briefs filed in support of the respondent, click here.
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Bar Association
- American Public Health Association, et al.
- Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence, et al.
- City of Chicago
- Coalition of civil rights groups
- D.C. Appleseed Center for Law and Justice, et al.
- District Attorneys
- Former Department of Justice Officials
- Major U.S. cities and the U.S. Conference of Mayors
- Members of Congress
- NAACP Legal Defense & Educational Fund
- National Network to End Domestic Violence, et al.
- New York and other states
- Professors Erwin Chemerinsky and Adam Winkler
- Professors of criminal justice
- Professors of linguistics
- Violence Policy Center and various police chiefs