Menu of today’s content: Same-sex marriage
This morning the Court issued opinions in Johnson v. United States, holding that increasing sentences under the residual clause of the Armed Career Criminal Act violates the Constitution, and Obergefell v. Hodges, holding that states must allow same-sex couples to marry.
Rory Little will report on the decision in Johnson.
We are also hosting a “snap” symposium on Obergefell. When a contributor’s name is highlighted, his or her post has been published.
- Ryan Anderson – The Heritage Foundation
- Erwin Chemerinsky – University of California, Irvine
- Mike Dorf – Cornell University
- Kyle Duncan – Duncan PLLC and counsel to amici supporting respondents
- Chris Green – University of Mississippi
- Steve Sanders – Indiana University
- Judith Schaeffer – Constitutional Accountability Center
- Gene Schaerr – Law offices of Gene Schaerr and counsel to amici supporting the respondents
- Paul Smith – Jenner & Block
- David Upham – University of Dallas
Recommended Citation: Kali Borkoski, Menu of today’s content: Same-sex marriage, SCOTUSblog (Jun. 26, 2015, 11:16 PM), http://www.scotusblog.com/2015/06/menu-of-todays-content-same-sex-marriage/