SCOTUSblog is hiring
The blog and Goldstein & Russell, P.C., are beginning the hiring process for two positions that will be open in late summer and early fall. More information on each position and how to apply is available below the jump.
We are hiring a new blog manager to begin work in August. The blog manager’s job includes, but is not limited to:
- Coordinating online symposia and case coverage;
- Maintaining publication schedule and preparing posts for review and publication;
- Updating and maintaining case pages and homepage sidebar content;
- Coordinate with Bloomberg Law on event planning and technical needs;
- Drafting posts as needed and contributing to “live blogs”;
- Contributing to broader blog strategy and the execution of new features; and
- Occasional special projects, drafting memos / presentations.
We will also be hiring a second individual to serve as both the firm manager for Goldstein & Russell P.C. and the deputy manager of SCOTUSblog. The principal responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Coordinating and proofing Supreme Court filings;
- Administrative work for the firm and in particular for Tom Goldstein, the firm’s managing partner;
- Scheduling travel, which may entail making frequent last-minute changes and arrangements, sometimes during off hours;
- Miscellaneous personal work;
- Overseeing all web development for the blog, from strategy and planning, to execution by web development team;
- Assisting the blog manager with case coverage; and
- Overseeing occasional special projects, including the Supreme Court Prediction Challenge.
The qualifications for both positions include:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong interest in learning about the U.S. Supreme Court and its workings.
- Undergraduate experience with law-related courses is a plus, though not a requirement, as is an interest in attending law school. Part-time students are not eligible for this position.
- Ability to improvise. We occasionally need all hands on deck both during and outside of normal business hours.
A commitment of at least two years is required for both positions. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, transcript (either official or unofficial), and unedited writing sample (no more than five pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com by April 1. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This position is in Washington, DC.
Recommended Citation: Kali Borkoski, SCOTUSblog is hiring, SCOTUSblog (Mar. 7, 2013, 3:44 PM), http://www.scotusblog.com/2013/03/scotusblog-is-hiring-4/