Couch v. United States
Petition for a writ of certiorari granted, judgment vacated, and case remanded to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit for further consideration in light of Ruan v. United States.
Issues: (1) Whether the trial court erred by conflating the valid defense of a crime as an element of that crime in its instruction to the jury regarding a physician alleged to have violated 21 U.S.C. § 841(a); and (2) whether the trial court erred by not explaining or adequately defining “good faith” in its instructions to the jury regarding a Controlled Substances Act case involving a physician.
- One new relist on arbitration clauses (John Elwood, November 10, 2021)
- Preemption, Bivens, conflicts of interest, and free exercise (John Elwood, November 3, 2021)
- No new relists, but you should read anyway (John Elwood, October 27, 2021)
- Foreign intelligence surveillance and immigration (John Elwood, October 14, 2021)
- Free exercise, greenhouse-gas regulation, and a slew of other relists from the long conference (John Elwood, October 5, 2021)