Goldstein & Russell P.C. is hiring
on Aug 6, 2011 at 1:54 pm
A full-time position is available commencing in September.Â The job has two parts: Firm Manager of Goldstein & Russell P.C.; and Special Assistant to Tom Goldstein and Amy Howe (partners in the firm).
To apply, please send a cover letter, rÃ©sumÃ©, transcript (either official or unofficial), and unedited writing sample (of approximately five pages) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
We will accept applications through August 20.Â Hiring decisions will be made promptly and the job will begin immediately thereafter.Â A minimum two-year commitment is required.
There are two components to the position.Â The principal responsibilities are the following:
Office manager of Goldstein & Russell P.C.
- Coordinating the involvement of Harvard and Stanford Law School students and co-counsel on briefs for Goldstein& Russell, a boutique Supreme Court firm.
- Proofing Supreme Court filings.
- Administrative work for the firm, including paying bills; handling insurance, tax, and employee paperwork; and sorting and sending out office correspondence.
Special assistant to Tom Goldstein and Amy Howe:
- Administrative work for Tom Goldstein, which involves keeping his calendar and coordinating his meetings, calls, and media appearances.
- Scheduling Tom and Amyâ€™s travel, which may entail making frequent last-minute changes and arrangements, sometimes during off hours.
- Miscellaneous personal work.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong interest in learning about the U.S. Supreme Court and its workings.
- Undergraduate experience with law-related courses is a plus, though not a requirement, as is an interest in attending law school. Part-time students are not eligible for this position.
- Ability to improvise. We occasionally need all hands on deck to turn projects around on tight deadlines, and youâ€™d be assisting in many of these efforts.
Pay will be competitive and will vary with experience.
Please do not hesitate to contact Kali Borkoski (email@example.com) or Kiera Flynn (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.