United States v. Denedo
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
Mar 25, 2009
|Jun 8, 2009||5-4||Kennedy||OT 2008|
Issue: Whether a military appellate court has jurisdiction to consider a petition for a writ of error coram nobis filed by a former service member following a final court-martial conviction.
Judgment: Affirmed and remanded, 5-4, in an opinion by Justice Anthony Kennedy on June 8, 2009.
- Opinion Recap: US v. Denedo (Eliza Presson)
- Court orders judge out of case (Lyle Denniston)
- Argument Preview: United States v. Denedo (Eliza Presson)
- Court grants two cases (Lyle Denniston)
Briefs and Documents
- Brief for Petitioner United States of America
- Brief for Respondent Jacob Denedo
- Reply Brief for Petitioner United States of America
- Brief for Former Judge Advocates General, Military Judges, and Senior Military Lawyers in Support of Respondent
- Brief for Law Professors in Support of Respondent (reprint)