Sebelius v. Auburn Regional Medical Center
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
Dec 4, 2012
|Jan 22, 2013||9-0||Ginsburg||OT 2012|
Holding: The 180-day statutory time limit for a hospital to appeal a final Medicare reimbursement is not “jurisdictional,” but it is also not subject to equitable tolling.
Plain English Summary:
Judgment: Reversed and remanded, 9-0, in an opinion by Justice Ginsburg on January 22, 2013. Justice Sotomayor wrote a concurring opinion.
- Opinion recap: Saving the U.S. billions (Lyle Denniston)
- Argument recap: Jousting with Justice Ginsburg (Lyle Denniston)
- Argument preview: Hospitals, money, and missing a deadline (Lyle Denniston)
- Middle position on Medicare appeals (Lyle Denniston)
- Petition of the day (Matthew Bush)