Hitachi Home Electronics (America), Inc. v. United StatesPetition for certiorari denied on December 3, 2012
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
|12-148||Fed. Cir.||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||OT 2012|
Issue: Whether United States Customs and Border Protection may withhold disposition of a protest indeﬁnitely despite the plain mandate in 19 U.S.C. § 1515(a) that Customs “shall review the protest and shall allow or deny such protest in whole or in part” within two years.
Plain English Summary:
- Petition of the day (Ben Cheng)
Briefs and Documents
- Opinion below (Fed. Cir.)
- Petition for certiorari
- Brief in opposition
- Amicus brief of The Customs and International Trade Bar Association
- Amicus brief of National Customs Brokers and Forwarders Association of America, Inc.
- Amicus brief of American Association of Exporters and Importers
- Reply of petitioner