Hedgpeth v. Pulido
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
Oct 15, 2008
|Dec 2, 2008||9-0||Per Curiam||OT 2008|
Issue: Whether, on habeas review, the 9th Circuit erred in granting relief by deeming an erroneous jury instruction to constitute structural error requiring reversal because the jury may have relied upon it.
Plain English Summary:
Judgment: Vacated and remanded in a per curiam opinion on December 2, 2008.
- Opinion Analyses: Harbison and Mirzayance (Kristina Moore)
- Court rules on jury instructions (Lyle Denniston)
- Court adds three new cases (Lyle Denniston)
Briefs and DocumentsMerit briefs
- Brief for Petitioner Chris Chrones, Warden
- Brief for Respondent Michael Pulido
- Reply Brief for Petitioner Chris Chrones, Warden
- Brief for the Criminal Justice Legal Foundation in Support of Petitioner
- Brief for the United States in Support of Petitioner