Hedgpeth v. Pulido
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
Oct 15, 2008
|Dec 2, 2008||9-0||Per Curiam||OT 2008|
Issue: Whether, on habeas review, the 9th Circuit erred in granting relief by deeming an erroneous jury instruction to constitute structural error requiring reversal because the jury may have relied upon it.
Judgment: Vacated and remanded in a per curiam opinion on December 2, 2008.
- Opinion Analyses: Harbison and Mirzayance (Kristina Moore)
- Court rules on jury instructions (Lyle Denniston)
- Court adds three new cases (Lyle Denniston)
Briefs and Documents
- Brief for Petitioner Chris Chrones, Warden
- Brief for Respondent Michael Pulido
- Reply Brief for Petitioner Chris Chrones, Warden
- Brief for the Criminal Justice Legal Foundation in Support of Petitioner
- Brief for the United States in Support of Petitioner