Davenport v. American Atheists, Inc.Petition for certiorari denied on October 31, 2011
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
|10-1297||10th Cir.||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||OT 2011|
Issue: (1) What is the appropriate test for evaluating whether a passive display with religious imagery violates the Establishment Clause; (2) whether this Court should set aside the endorsement test in favor of the coercion test; and (3) whether a memorial cross placed on state land by a private organization to commemorate fallen state troopers is an unconstitutional establishment of religion.
- SCOTUS for law students: Free speech and religious freedom intersect in case of Utah crosses
- Petition of the day
Briefs and Documents
- Opinion below (10th Cir.)
- Petition for certiorari
- Brief in opposition
- Petitioners' reply
- Amicus brief of the American Center for Law and Justice
- Amicus brief of the Family Research Council et al.
- Amicus brief of Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- Amicus brief of Louisiana et al.
- Amicus brief of the American Legion
- Amicus brief of New Tribes Mission
- Amicus brief of Becket Fund for Religious Liberty
- Amicus brief of Utah Sheriffs' Association
- Amicus brief of American Civil Rights Union