Beer v. United States
|09-1395||Not Argued||Jun 28, 2011||TBD||TBD||OT 2010|
Issue: Whether the Compensation Clause of Article III prevents Congress from withholding the future judicial salary adjustments established by the Ethics Reform Act of 1989.
Plain English Summary:
Judgment: Granted, vacated, and remanded for further proceedings on June 28, 2011. Justice Scalia dissented, stating that he would have granted cert. and set the case for argument.
Briefs and Documents
- Denial of rehearing en banc (Federal Circuit)
- Summary affirmance (Federal Circuit)
- Petition for certiorari
- Brief in opposition
- Petitioners' reply
- Amicus brief of Bar Associations
- Amicus brief of the American Bar Association
- Amicus brief of International Municipal Lawyers Association
- Amicus brief of Federal Judges Association