Yeager v. United States
Issue: Whether, under the Double Jeopardy Clause, the government may retry defendants acquitted of some charges on factually related counts on which the jury failed to reach a verdict.
Judgment: Reversed and remanded, 6-3, in an opinion by Justice John Paul Stevens on June 18, 2009.
- Opinion Recap: Yeager v. US (Eliza Presson, June 22, 2009)
- Court rejects DNA access claim (Lyle Denniston, June 18, 2009)
- Argument Recap: Yeager v. US (Eliza Presson, March 27, 2009)
- Argument Preview: Yeager v. US (Eliza Presson, March 18, 2009)
- Court to rule on campaign films, judge recusal (Lyle Denniston, November 14, 2008)
Briefs and Documents