Now accepting internship applications
on Apr 11, 2017 at 9:32 am
SCOTUSblog is now accepting applications from current law students interested in interning with us. Details about the position’s qualifications and responsibilities, as well as how to apply, are below the jump.
The principal focus of the internship (which is a paid one) will be assisting with the “Petition of the day” and “Petitions to watch” features on the blog and maintaining the case pages. This will require roughly 10 to 20 hours of work a week on a generally flexible work schedule, which can be accomplished remotely. The position will begin in early May, and the expected commitment would be through May 2018.
To qualify for the position, you must:
* Have a strong academic record
* Be currently enrolled in a J.D. or LL.M program (undergraduates are not eligible)
* Have a strong interest in learning about the U.S. Supreme Court and its workings
* Have some experience working with (or at least interest in) blog or website technology
* Have demonstrated excellent writing and editing skills
* Have excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
To apply, please send us the following materials:
* Cover letter
* Contact information for two references
* A writing sample of no more than five double-spaced pages that has not been edited by anyone other than you
* An official or unofficial law school transcript