The week ahead
on Feb 8, 2010 at 8:43 am
The Court’s recess continues until February 19, when the Justices will meet for their next private conference.Â The next oral arguments are scheduled for February 22.
As we posted on Friday, the Washington Legal Foundation holds its mid-Term evaluation of the Court this Wednesday at 9:30 a.m in Washington, D.C.
The schedule of merits briefs due this week follows the jump.
Wednesday, Feb. 10:
- Kawasaki Kisen Kaisha v. Regal-Beloit Corporation (08-1553; 08-1554) – respondents’ brief
Friday, Feb. 12:
- Lewis v. City of Chicago (08-974) – petitioners’ reply brief [Disclosure: Howe & Russell filed an amicus brief supporting the petitioners in this case]
- Holder v. Humanitarian Law Project (08-1498; 09-89) – reply brief of Eric Holder et al.
- Hui v. Castaneda (08-1529; 08-1547) – petitioner’s reply brief
- United States v. Oâ€™Brien and Burgess (08-1569) – petitioner’s reply brief