Witt v. United StatesPetition for certiorari denied on June 27, 2011
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
|10-885||9th Cir.||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||OT 2010|
Issue: Should the Feres doctrine be overruled, in whole or in part, on the ground that the Federal Tort Claims Act should not be construed to include a non-textual exception barring claims for injuries arising out of activity incident to service or, if there is such an exception, it does not bar a claim for injury to a service member caused by medical malpractice at a military hospital when the service member was on leave when admitted to the hospital?
Plain English Summary:
Briefs and Documents
- Opinion below (9th Circuit)
- Petition for certiorari
- Brief in opposition
- Amicus brief of the American Association for Justice in support of petitioner
- Amicus brief of CIOCA in support of petitioner
- Amicus brief of the John Marshall Law School Veterans Legal Support Center et al.
- Amicus brief of Peace Through Law Foundation et al.
- Amicus Brief of Point Man International Ministries
- Amicus brief of Major General (Retired) Charles E. Tucker et al.
- Amicus brief of Veterans' Equal Rights Protection Advocacy (forthcoming)
- Petitioner's reply