Sprint Communications v. APCC Services
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
Apr 21, 2008
|Jun 23, 2008||TBD||Breyer||OT 2007|
Disclosure: Akin Gump represented the petitioner in this case.
Issue: Whether a plaintiff assigned the right to pursue a legal claim, but which stands to gain no proceeds from the outcome of the litigation, has established standing under Article III.
Judgment: Affirmed, in an opinion by Justice Stephen Breyer on June 23, 2008.
- More on Yesterday's Opinion in Sprint v. APCC
- Argument Recap: Sprint & AT&T v. APCC
- Argument preview: Sprint communications v. APCC Services
- Court to rule on death penalty for child rape
Briefs and Documents
- Opinion below (D.C. Circuit)
- Petition for certiorari
- Brief in opposition
- Petitioner's reply
- Amicus brief of Qwest Communications, Inc. (in support of the petitioners)
Merits briefs (via ABA)
- Brief for Petitioner Sprint Communications Company L.P. and AT&T Corp.
- Brief for Respondent APCC Services, Inc., et al.
- Reply Brief for Petitioner Sprint Communications Company L.P. and AT&T Corp.