Morgan v. SwansonPetition for certiorari denied on June 11, 2012
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
|11-804||5th Cir.||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||OT 2011|
Issue: (1) Whether it is clearly established that private non-curricular student speech may not be discriminated against solely on the basis of its religious viewpoint; and (2) whether, at a bare minimum, it is clearly established that private non-curricular student speech that takes place outside of the school and after school hours may not be discriminated against solely on the basis of its religious viewpoint.
Briefs and Documents
- Opinion below (5th Cir.)
- Petition for certiorari
- Brief in opposition
- Amicus brief of ARC of Dallas
- Amicus brief of Cato Institute
- Amicus brief of United States Attorneys General et al.
- Amicus brief of American Center for Law and Justice
- Amicus brief of Gathie Barnett Edmonds and Marie Barnett Snodgrass
- Amicus brief of National Legal Foundation
- Reply of petitioners