Medellin v. Texas
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
|06-984||Tex. Crim. App.||
Oct 10, 2007
|Mar 25, 2008||TBD||Roberts||OT 2007|
Judgment: Affirmed, in an opinion by Chief Justice John Roberts on March 25, 2008.
- Medellin Discussion Board: The Ball is In Congress's Court (Jason Harrow)
- Medellin Discussion Board: The Case Going Forward (Jason Harrow)
- Medellin Discussion Board: The Court Defers to Congress (Jason Harrow)
- Commentary: The Executive Power Question Might Not be the Most Important Aspect of Medellin (Marty Lederman)
- States win over President on criminal law issue (Lyle Denniston)
- Analysis: How to say no to the President? (Lyle Denniston)
- Argument preview: Medellin v. Texas (Scotus Staff)
Briefs and Documents
All of the filings in this case can be found here.