Knowles v. Mirzayance
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
Jan 13, 2009
|Mar 24, 2009||9-0||Thomas||OT 2008|
Issue: Whether the defendantâ€™s lawyerâ€™s recommendation to withdraw an insanity plea constituted ineffective assistance of counsel for purposes of federal habeas law.
Plain English Summary:
Judgment: Reversed and remanded, 9-0, in an opinion by Justice Clarence Thomas on March 24, 2009.
- Opinion Analyses: Harbison and Mirzayance (Kristina Moore)
- Argument Preview: Knowles v. Mirzayance (Eliza Presson)
Briefs and DocumentsMerits Briefs
- Brief for Petitioner Michael A. Knowles
- Brief for Respondent Alexandre Mirzayance
- Reply Brief for Petitioner Michael Knowles, Warden