Irizarry v. United States
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
Apr 15, 2008
|Jun 12, 2008||TBD||Stevens||OT 2007|
Issue: Whether a judge must give both sides notice in advance of imposing a criminal sentence that departs from the Sentencing Guidelines.
Judgment: Affirmed, in an opinion by Justice John Paul Stevens on June 12, 2008.
- Opinion Recap: Irizarry v. US (Eliza Presson)
- Argument recap: Irizarry v. US (Scotus Staff)
- Argument Preview: Irizarry v. United States (Eliza Presson)
- Court to rule on death penalty for child rape (Lyle Denniston)
Briefs and Documents
- Brief for Petitioner Richard Irizarry
- Brief for Respondent United States of America
- Brief of Court-Appointed Amicus Curiae Urging Affirmance of the Judgment Below in Case No. 06-7517
- Reply Brief for Petitioner Richard Irizarry