Hadden v. United StatesPetition for certiorari denied on October 1, 2012
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
|11-1197||6th Cir.||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||OT 2012|
Issue: Whether the government is entitled to full reimbursement under the Medicare Secondary Payer Act, 42 U.S.C. § 1395y(b), when a beneficiary compromises a tort or other claim and recovers a reduced amount, as the court of appeals held here, or whether the government, like its beneficiary, is entitled to only a proportionate recovery, as the Eleventh Circuit has held.
Plain English Summary:
- Petition of the day (Matthew Bush)
Briefs and Documents
- Opinion below (6th Cir.)
- Petition for certiorari
- Brief in opposition
- Amicus brief of Workers' Compensation Section of the State Bar of Michigan
- Amicus brief of Property Casualty Insurers Association of America et al.
- Amicus brief of DRI - The Voice of the Defense Bar
- Amicus brief of Retail Litigation Center, Inc.
- Reply of petitioner