Colorado Mining Association v. Dept. of AgriculturePetition for certiorari denied on October 1, 2012
|Docket No.||Op. Below||Argument||Opinion||Vote||Author||Term|
|11-1384||10th Cir.||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||OT 2012|
Issue: Whether the Tenth Circuit erred in failing to determine that the Secretary of Agriculture’s designation of 58.5 million acres of land as Roadless was a de facto wilderness designation, which impermissibly intrudes into Congress’s exclusive authority under the Wilderness Act to permanently designate National Forest System lands as wilderness.
Briefs and Documents
- Opinion below (10th Cir.)
- Petition for certiorari
- Brief in respondents Conservation Respondents in opposition
- Brief of respondents Department of Agriculture et al. in opposition
- Amicus brief of Mountain States Legal Foundation et al.
- Amicus brief of Associations Representing the Interests of the Mining Industry et al. (forthcoming)
- Amicus brief of Blue Ribbon Coalition et al. (forthcoming)
- Amicus brief of American Petroleum Institute (forthcoming)
- Amicus brief of Wyoming County Commissioners Association et al.
- Amicus brief of Coalition of Local Governments
- Reply of petitioner