- Coordinating and proofing Supreme Court filings;
- Paralegal tasks, including drafting simple legal documents, checking citations for accuracy and formatting, and light legal research;
- Administrative work for the firm and in particular for Tom Goldstein, the firm’s managing partner;
- Scheduling travel, which may entail making frequent last-minute changes and arrangements, sometimes during off hours;
- Assisting with case coverage; and
- Overseeing occasional special projects.
The qualifications for this position include:
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Strong interest in learning about the U.S. Supreme Court and its workings;
- Undergraduate experience with law-related courses is a plus, though not a requirement, as is an interest in attending law school (part-time students are not eligible for this position); and
- Ability to improvise; we occasionally need all hands on deck both during and outside of normal business hours.
This position would begin in mid-July 2017. A commitment of at least two years is required for this position. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, transcript (either official or unofficial), and unedited writing sample (no more than five pages) to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org by April 10. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This position is located in Bethesda, Maryland.