- The Advocate and JURIST have further coverage of the petition for certiorari filed in Pedersen v. Office of Personnel Management, a challenge to the provision of the Defense of Marriage Act that prevents married same-sex couples from receiving federal benefits. Cormac also covered the petition in yesterday’s round-up.
- This blog has an interview with Linda Greenhouse to discuss her latest book, The U.S. Supreme Court: A Very Short Introduction.
- At Election Law Blog, Rick Hasen links to the briefs filed by seven states and by former Department of Justice Officials as amici in Shelby County v. Holder, urging the Court to grant certiorari and to hold Section 5 of the Voting Rights Act unconstitutional.
- Justice Scalia discussed his new book co-authored with Bryan Garner, Reading Law: The Interpretation of Legal Texts, on the NBC Nightly News (video).
- At Slate, Amanda Frost discusses the Justices’ summer recess and the possible implications thereof.
Recommended Citation: Rachel Sachs, Friday round-up, SCOTUSblog (Aug. 24, 2012, 8:41 AM), http://www.scotusblog.com/2012/08/friday-round-up-140/