Updated: Petitions to watch: Conference of 1/13/12
At its January 13, 2012 Conference, the Court will consider such issues as affirmative action, online student speech, legislative prayer, sentencing errors, and the FLSA tip-credit. This edition of “Petitions to watch” features petitions raising issues that Tom has determined to have a reasonable chance of being granted, although we post them here without consideration of whether they present appropriate vehicles in which to decide those issues. A full list of our “Petitions to watch” for the January 13 Conference is here. A complete list also follows the jump.
- City of St. Louis, Missouri v. Neighborhood Enterprises
- EM Ltd. v. Republic of Argentina
- TI Pneumotive v. Yasunaga Corporation
- Renzi v. U.S.
- Forsyth County, N.C. v. Joyner
- Byrne v. Jackler
- Blue Mountain School District. v. J.S.
- Martin v. Howard University
- Cavazos v. Williams (GRANTED 1/13)
- Kowalski v. Berkeley County Schools
- Connecticut v. Lenarz
- Malaterre v. Amerind Risk Management Corp.
- Applebee’s Int’l Inc. v. Fast
- York v. Texas
- Clarksburg Nursing Home & Rehabilitation Center, LLC v. Marchio
- Marmet Health Care Center v. Brown
- Standard Investment Chartered, v. National Association of Securities Dealers
- Fisher v. University of Texas at Austin
- Delacy v. California
- Pantle v. U.S.
- Ryburn v. Huff
- U.S. v. Bormes (GRANTED 1/13)
- Kloeckner v. Solis (GRANTED 1/13)
- Alvis v. Espinosa
- Wetzel v. Kindler
- Childers v. Floyd
- Wetzel v. Lambert
Recommended Citation: Kali Borkoski, Updated: Petitions to watch: Conference of 1/13/12, SCOTUSblog (Jan. 9, 2012, 5:00 PM), http://www.scotusblog.com/2012/01/petitions-to-watch-conference-of-11312/