Event: Supreme Court journalists review OT09
The D.C. Bar is hosting a panel of leading Supreme Court journalists tomorrow, July 8, to discuss the just-concluded Term. The panelists (listed below) will examine the major cases and issues the Court confronted, and speculate about what happened between the Justices behind the scenes. They will also offer predications about next Term and commentary on the confirmation process of Elena Kagan.
- Arthur Spitzer, Legal Director, ACLU of the Nation's Capital (Moderator)
- Robert Barnes, Washington Post
- Joan Biskupic, USA Today
- Adam Liptak, New York Times
- Tony Mauro, Legal Times & American Lawyer Media
- David Savage, Los Angeles Times & Chicago Tribune
- Stuart Taylor, National Journal & Newsweek
The event, at Arnold & Porter in Washington, D.C., will begin at noon and a buffet lunch will be served. Attendance costs vary by occupation, and can be found here, along with registration information.